2019 Citizens’ Inquiry – Terms of Reference
Everyone who submits written or oral testimonies are asked to address any or all of the following Terms of Reference:
- Are you reliant on the Darling River for drinking water, household water use, business use and/or farming?
- What is the current state of the Darling where you live? (Describe what you see.)
- What are the impacts of the Darling River on your personal and family life and your community or township?
- What are the impacts of the Darling River on your personal business and your community economies?
- What can you see as being the impacts of the zero-flows of the Darling River on the biodiversity and natural systems that make up the river and connected waterways, catchments and ecosystems?
- In your view and understanding, what are the prime causes of the current state of the Darling River Basin?
- In your view, what could or needs to be happening to restore the Darling River and its human and natural communities to a sustainable good health?