Invitation to Participate
Submit Testimony and Evidence About the State of the Darling River & Menindee Lakes
People who live in regions and towns connected to the Darling River can participate in the Citizens’ Inquiry in two ways:
- (i) submit your written or oral recorded testimony to the Citizens’ Inquiry by 30th April:
- via the ONLINE FORM below;
- or by POST to:
2019 Citizens’ Inquiry
PO Box 405
BANYO QLD 4014
- and/or (ii) share your testimony at one of the public hearings being held from 19-28 March.
Terms of Reference
Everyone who submits written or oral testimonies are asked to address any or all of the following Terms of Reference:
- Are you reliant on the Darling River for drinking water, household water use, business use and/or farming?
- What is the current state of the Darling where you live? (Describe what you see.)
- What are the impacts of the Darling River on your personal and family life and your community or township?
- What are the impacts of the Darling River on your personal business and your community economies?
- What can you see as being the impacts of the zero-flows of the Darling River on the biodiversity and natural systems that make up the river and connected waterways, catchments and ecosystems?
- In your view and understanding, what are the prime causes of the current state of the Darling River Basin?
- In your view, what could or needs to be happening to restore the Darling River and its human and natural communities to a sustainable good health?
* = indicates required
Preferred file formats
- Text documents – .pdf, Microsoft Word [.doc, .docx], Microsoft Excel [.xls, .xlxs]
- Images – .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tiff
- Audio files – .wav, .mp3, .aif
- Videos – .mov, .mp4